How to Install Products
On Windows XP/Vista/7, unzip the file that has been downloaded, open the 'WIN' directory, and run the proper installer executable (.exe extension) for either VST (actually VST2.4) or VST3 versions. These will suggest proper installation directories and install the plug-ins:
- VST version will normally suggest to install the plugin in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\
- VST3 version will normally suggest to install the plugin in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\
On Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7, unzip the file that has been downloaded, open the 'MAC' directory, and copy or move the proper bundles (.vst, .vst3, .component extensions) to your usual VST, VST3 or AU plug-in folders:
A few more notes:
- VST version (bundles with .vst file extensions): copy or move the bundle to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/ or else /Users/username/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/
- VST3 version (bundles with .vst3 file extensions): copy or move the bundle to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/ or else /Users/username/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/
- AU version (bundles with .component file extensions): copy or move the bundle to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ or else /Users/username/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/
- we recommend first uninstalling the demo versions before reinstalling the full versions or our products. If you don't, host software may still attempt to load the demo versions.
- on WIN 64-bit, make sure plug-ins are installed in some subdirectory of the 32-bit section of the software directories (usually C:/Program File (x86)/).
- on MAX OSX 64-bit, 64-bit versions of host software are not supported yet. 32-bit versions of hosts running on top of the 64-bit OS are fine.
Go to the Download User Guides section of this page for more information.
. We will then email you back a personal discount coupon to be used once on our webstore. The coupon will apply on the whole order. As proof of educational status, we expect a copy of a current student, faculty or staff ID.
We will then email you back a personal coupon to be used to get the upgrade from the online store.
Before contacting us for support or other matters, make sure you have read the User's Guide. If you don't find an answer to your questions or problems, please feel free to contact us:
, to be contacted for questions regarding problems and errors, including questions about the functioning of our products, and about installation, activation and licensing. Please give us a detailed description of the problem or error you are encountering, including:
- a description of the problem/error encountered
- your computer hardware, audio and MIDI configuration
- the operating system you are using
- in case of plugin products, the host you are using and its version number (Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar...)
- the product you are using
- your serial number (that you have received by mail, an also available through the software "About" box)
, to be contacted for any other matters, including feedback about our products.
Download User Guides
You can download the following material to learn more about our products, even before purchase: